Owning Our Worth – Deserving Our Pay
Presentation description: Are you sure that you are get everything you’re entitled to in the marketplace? And how much – exactly – is that? Our speaker, Catharene Garula, will share with us some wisdom about what helps make a woman’s career journey financially successful.
More specifically, learn how
- A man is not a financial plan
- There are real medical, psychological and emotional benefits to a satisfying career
- Negotiation is to win
- Closing the earnings gap
Join us for what will be a powerful and lighthearted look at owning your worth and deserving your pay.
About Catharene: Since the early 1980s, Catharene has been on the forefront of creating positive change. As a young mother and activist, she spearheaded the relocation initiative for Centralia, PA, where an underground coalmine fire damaged the health and property values of local residents. The $42 million Federal appropriation was the USA’s largest environmental relocation of the 20th Century.
Catharene, a woman of spirit and wit, has a long history of making meaningful strides where women were not commonly seen. A pioneer and successful business development executive in the male dominated high tech and digital media industries; Catharene remains passionate about cutting edge technologies. After a series of advancements in sales, marketing, strategy, and leadership positions at digital powerhouses such as Conversant, LifeScript, iNovum and Flatiron Media, she founded Achievement Interactive in 2013. Leveraging her experience consulting with C-Level executives she implements proven methods to increase revenue, maximize profit, fill sales pipelines, develop audience engagement and heighten brand awareness for her clients.
Personally, Catharene remains active in a number of non-profit initiatives:
- Central Pennsylvania Association of Female Executives (CPAFE) member since inception in 2004; former Board member, past committee chair for Program and Mentoring, remains active in mentoring initiatives.
- Dress for Success, South Central PA (DFS) served as a member of the Advisory Board representing Perry County for 3 years and currently co-chair of Marketing and Public Relations committee.
- Technology Council of Central Pennsylvania (TCCP) currently the only female member of Founders Roundtable and coach of Harrisburg Startup Week.
- LAEN-ABWA – one of our newest members looking forward to getting to know you!
Catharene and her husband, Sam enjoy stargazing, gardening, raising free range chickens, honey bees and hosting an annual Barn Jam at their Perry County farm. They are the parents of five children have two precious grand children, a Great Dane, a house cat, and several barn cats. In their spare time they nap. You should, too!
Pinterest www.pinterest.com/catharene Catharene is setting up a board to illustrate her talk